Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Tokio Hotel song discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by briar_rose View Post
    i've always thought that Bill's english singing was really good but i'm pretty sure that he pronounces "we" as "ve" ; i hear it a lot in dogs unleashed. or else that's what i hear because i expect him to say it. IDK
    I don't hear it the "ve," but there are some other words where his pronunciation is a tiny bit off. This is one of the reasons why I don't listen to the English songs!

Quote Originally Posted by dejavu711 View Post
    I like that song! It has a guitar solo in it :]
    I like it too, and the guitar solo is killer, but I just can't play it through my head. I don't remember it. *shrugs*

i've always thought that Bill's english singing was really good but i'm pretty sure that he pronounces "we" as "ve" ; i hear it a lot in dogs unleashed. or else that's what i hear because i expect him to say it. IDK
    I hear "we" in Dogs Unleashed, but I've been listening to HCL lately and you can definitely tell he has a hard time pronouncing some words. Also, in Break Away, you can tell he had to try hard to say "work" instead of "vurk" in "what you wanted it didn't work". I find it cute though.
    Last edited by PockyTarts; September 3rd, 2010 at 04:50 PM.

In Die Nacht is such a sweet, cute song!
    Facebook - Best Quote: This is a LIGHTSIDER! Watch and admire, people!
    Bill purrs.... !!!!

yay!! song thread *claps*

okay, i like 1000 meere but it's always struck me how short it is. it's a really beautiful song though.. one of my favourite german ones
    same for me the song is really too short!
    i love the lyrics, very poetic and the music wow idk how to describe it...
    if i listen too much the german version, i think i would probably cry...strange effect and bill's voice is very fragile, a bit different from before and more powerful at the same time for me o_O

strange and instant karma well i don't like duet, i don't like kerli's voice (i like her style only lol) and i love lennon's voice so i can't forget him every time i listen to one of his song T_T

No more information
    Go follow navigation in your head

I disagree with the duet for Strange, Kerli matches perfectly. Made Bill's voice sound masculine. But I was a huge Kerli fan before Tokio Hotel so her voice has grown onto me though.

I love Gegen Meinen Willen right now <3 you could hear the anger, Geh the same but with such sadness. I kinda prefer the English for the Humanoid and maybe Scream, because I could understand what they are saying but I haven't really heard the german ones of humanoid so I couldn't judge no further. But I love the german songs as much.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleDoll View Post
    I disagree with the duet for Strange, Kerli matches perfectly. Made Bill's voice sound masculine. But I was a huge Kerli fan before Tokio Hotel so her voice has grown onto me though.

I love Gegen Meinen Willen right now <3 you could hear the anger, Geh the same but with such sadness. I kinda prefer the English for the Humanoid and maybe Scream, because I could understand what they are saying but I haven't really heard the german ones of humanoid so I couldn't judge no further. But I love the german songs as much.
    that's the difference between us, you like her before this song, for me this duet is really disharmonious i'm sorry XD

bill's voice is masculine enough but kerli's voice is not soft and high enough = wrong mix for me + they used too much auto-tune for her (same problem on her own songs btw).

for a duet i think he would match better with a voice with more variations, clear and very soft, idk if i'm explaining it correctly.
    like for ex if it's a girl, hafdis huld, björk (both peculiar voices but clear one and interesting accent) or natasha khan.

kerli's voice is not bad (her accent, i hope she never lose it because it makes a big difference since her voice is pretty common) but not that high, not enough control (that's why they used so much auto-tune) and very nasal.
    she would match much better with a strong and rasping voice for a duet with a man.

No more information
    Go follow navigation in your head

I agree with Re-Liar with the Strange thing. I don't like Kerli's voice to start with and it was not meant to be with Bill's. Bill has a very unique voice imo. A lot of singers nowadays sound similar while Bill's voice really stands out. I think its difficult to find other voices that would harmonize well with his.

When are B&T going to do a duet together?

Quote Originally Posted by PockyTarts View Post
    I agree with Re-Liar with the Strange thing. I don't like Kerli's voice to start with and it was not meant to be with Bill's. Bill has a very unique voice imo. A lot of singers nowadays sound similar while Bill's voice really stands out. I think its difficult to find other voices that would harmonize well with his.

When are B&T going to do a duet together?
    For once I disagree with you...
    I like the song and for my taste their voices mix well.
    Facebook - Best Quote: This is a LIGHTSIDER! Watch and admire, people!
    Bill purrs.... !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JustBored;8552 56
    For once I disagree with you...
    I like the song and for my taste their voices mix well.
    i really love strange- i think that the song's really beautiful and kerli and bill really go well together. they're both quite unusual characters and both have slightly unusual voices. i'm disappointed that the song's only been released on the Alice sountrack- i went to see Alice and Wonderland at the cinema but i didn't know TH contributed to the soundtrack. i would've listened out for it if i had known...

i think strange is one of my favourite non album tracks. i've always thought that the lyrics are very deep and i've always felt that they may be quite close to the kerli and bill as well. the song talks about being "strange/ in your perfect world" and "sell me/ a new personality"- i see kerli and bill as being rather strange people trying to avoid being made into something they're not and they just get labelled as being outcasts etc. i used to feel a bit like that myself, so i guess i'm just overanalysing the lyrics of the songs again

i really love strange- i think that the song's really beautiful and kerli and bill really go well together. they're both quite unusual characters and both have slightly unusual voices. i'm disappointed that the song's only been released on the Alice sountrack- i went to see Alice and Wonderland at the cinema but i didn't know TH contributed to the soundtrack. i would've listened out for it if i had known...

i think strange is one of my favourite non album tracks. i've always thought that the lyrics are very deep and i've always felt that they may be quite close to the kerli and bill as well. the song talks about being "strange/ in your perfect world" and "sell me/ a new personality"- i see kerli and bill as being rather strange people trying to avoid being made into something they're not and they just get labelled as being outcasts etc. i used to feel a bit like that myself, so i guess i'm just overanalysing the lyrics of the songs again
    I totally agree with you! At first it felt kind of strange (LOL) to hear Bill & Kerli singing together since they're both so different and I felt their voices and personality wouldn't quite mesh at all, eventually the song and their voices really grew on me! I think it's amazing how they managed to pull off their collaboration! Also, if I had to pick one song from TH that I feel I can totally identify with and make my own it would be STRANGE hands down. With this song it makes me feel that IT'S OK TO BE NOT PERFECT, and that IT'S OK IF I DON'T MEET OTHER PEOPLE'S EXPECTATIONS, and that I really have to focus on what makes me happy first and foremost. Living in someone else's shadow would be the most horrible thing for me, and it's somehow been like that ever since. With Strange, I can definitely comfort and encourage myself given the superficial definitions of success that my family keep on bantering about since the day I grew conscious about my so-called responsibilities and roles.

And yeah, Strange was indeed part of the Almost Alice soundtrack, but they didn't play it in any movie segment at all. Not even during the credits. I wanted so much to shove Avril aside since apparently her comeback and promotion through this album seemed more important than the other artists who were part of this album grrrr...thinking about it just makes me so sad because out of all the songs in the album, Strange should have really been THE ultimate trademark song that explains the concept of the movie itself! This song seriously deserves a MUSIC VIDEO darn it!!!
    All I feel is strange..in your perfect world..