Page 1 of 132 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: New album 2014

Default New album 2014

Tokio Hotel is going back to the studio
    for the upcoming album coming out late 2011/2012.

What will it be like? Any rumors? Speculation? Opinion?

Speculate here!

Tokio Hotel album name?

i don't have any good ideas...but i am glad they r making a new album

Hopefully they'll continue along the style of Humanoid with a more electronic sound rather than their more pop-rock Schrei/Scream genre

i agree..maybe their album name should be Tokio Hotel

I think there should be ONE CD with a mix of German and English songs. I'm sick of translations that are not really translations. Before anyone jumps down my throat, I know it's nearly impossible to get a translation exact... Sooo, they should just cut that all together and have some songs in English and some songs in German. That would be amazing to me.

And also, I like the electronic sound as well. As long as they don't get to poppy, I'm good.
    The Little QtStuff Monster

I second that no "translations" idea! Then bill doesnt have a reason to gripe about working twice as hard as the rest of the band!!

i agree with both of you guys

Yeah idk if it will happen though producing bilingual album in the US probably wouldn't do the sales justice...it would work every where else though in my opion, oh America sometimes I wonder If the guys have just given up on us :'(

Quote Originally Posted by QtStuff View Post
    I think there should be ONE CD with a mix of German and English songs. I'm sick of translations that are not really translations. Before anyone jumps down my throat, I know it's nearly impossible to get a translation exact... Sooo, they should just cut that all together and have some songs in English and some songs in German. That would be amazing to me.

And also, I like the electronic sound as well. As long as they don't get to poppy, I'm good.
    I would like that, but I could see many people whining about wanting a certain English song to have a German version or vice versa.

I kinda torn here. I really only want them to do a German album, but it wouldn't sell well in the US or in some other countries. I think the English albums/songs really helped them go international. I just don't know.

Well I guess if Bill wants to go through that chaos for a third time, he's more than welcome to. I just hope that wouldn't mean the album(s) aren't released until 2013. ...when we may not exist. Heh jk but I could see that happening though. It probably takes forever to translate and record.

As long as they still continue to do German songs, I'm happy.

Quote Originally Posted by lorsbun View Post
    i agree..maybe their album name should be Tokio Hotel
    I once said that, though I remember that in an interview Tom very specifically that he doesn't like when bands do that. Of course, he also said that he doesn't like theme albums.

Quote Originally Posted by QtStuff View Post
    I think there should be ONE CD with a mix of German and English songs. [...] Sooo, they should just cut that all together and have some songs in English and some songs in German. That would be amazing to me.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by PockyTarts View Post
    I would like that, but I could see many people whining about wanting a certain English song to have a German version or vice versa.
    I don't agree that this would happen. How many people are whining for an English version of Reden or a German version of H&S? Besides, there will always be whiners. You can't please everyone.

I kinda torn here. I really only want them to do a German album, but it wouldn't sell well in the US or in some other countries. I think the English albums/songs really helped them go international. I just don't know.
    I don't agree with this either. Schrei sold two million copies worldwide. People all over the world are learning German for TH, not clamoring for English songs. Conquering America is not about what language they sing in, but proper promotion.
    Last edited by VanessaM; December 26th, 2010 at 01:03 AM.