View Poll Results: What Should We Do About The Fakes?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Let them stay.

8 10.53%
  • Let them stay, but ban them if they go creeper.

52 68.42%
  • Ban them the second they show up.

15 19.74%
  • Other (specify in comments)

1 1.32%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OMG, Bill and Tom are on the Forum! ...Except Not.

Hybrid View

Default OMG, Bill and Tom are on the Forum! ...Except Not.

Okay, so this is working out to be a for real issue, I'm making a thread about it over here.

The Bill's and Tom's on the forum ARE NOT REAL. The boys DO NOT HAVE accounts here. They're just a couple forumlings having a lark and giving folks a chance to play some fantasy fulfillment. I've done IP checks myself and figured out who they are and everything. We also posted the Imposter Announcement again to refresh you all on the fact that they aren't real and TH management themselves say that. Anyone who bothered to ask would be informed that, no, they aren't real.

What everyone needs to understand is that this is a public forum. Anyone can come on and pick any name that they want. Just because someone is using a name, that doesn't mean that they are that person. That goes double when you have a fan forum because you have to assume that eventually someone is going to join under the name of the people that everyone is fanning over. It is up to everyone else on said forum to take this member and their name with a grain of salt. Skepticism is your friend, and most especially on the internet where half the people you run into aren't going to be who they claim to be.

That said, we're going to leave it to you, the forumlings, to decide what to do about these fakes. Do we keep them around for a laugh (and, as a side bonus, tie up the user names so new people can't take them)? Do we ban every Bill, Tom, Georg, and Gustav that shows up IMMEDIATELY? Vote and decide.

It's not what you're like, it's what you like that's important.
    Live, Love, Be, Believe

i think its funny....maybe we can leave them on for a laugh to add excitement...ooo and lock the names so no one can steal them

JOIN THE LIGHT SIDE OR ELSE

I think it should be forbidden. To use the guys' names.
    Then, of course, as far as I know, each one of them could be a member of this forum which uses a different name and stuff.
    If they ever wanted to openly join the forum, there is enough technology, now, to prove they are th real deal, besides an announcement, but that would be nuts. The forum would collapse in a second. And that's it.
    Last edited by JustBored; May 13th, 2010 at 07:56 PM.
    Facebook - Best Quote: This is a LIGHTSIDER! Watch and admire, people!
    Bill purrs.... !!!!

I think that they're totally harmless when they first join, and there's no point in banning them really if they're just lurking/posting comments under the persona of the boys. It's not breaking any forum rules as far as I know. But yeah, the more people that are faking them joins, the most usernames related to them get tied up.

But I think anything with like, 'Kaulitz', 'Listing', 'Schafer' or any of the guys names should have a block on them for when people join from now on, it's kinda precautionary, I guess.

HOWEVER, when they start basically being rude/insulting like the recent fakes, then yeah, ban them.

I personally think it's just a bit of harmless fun when it's not taken too far. I mean, it's common sense to know that unless there was an official announcement or whatever that they're not real.

To be honest, if the guys did join the forum I think that there woild literally be an onslaught of people signing up just to talk to the guys. Not that there's nothing wrong with them joining the forum, but... I dunno, it just would be overflowing with people just wanting to talk to the guys and not interact with other fans or whatever. Although my preconceptions are usually wrong.
    Last edited by Yell[[Yeah]]Krissie!; May 13th, 2010 at 07:58 PM.
    you’re leaving me here, do you know how it feels to not hold you? ♫♪ | tumblr

Too busy admiring Toms hands and Bills hairy arms

Quote Originally Posted by Yell[[Yeah]]Krissie! View Post
    But I think anything with like, 'Kaulitz', 'Listing', 'Schafer' or any of the guys names should have a block on them for when people join from now on, it's kinda precautionary, I guess.

HOWEVER, when they start basically being rude/insulting like the recent fakes, then yeah, ban them.
    Tons of users on here are using their names as a part of their names. You can't ban the entire name.

Who was rude? I'm not up-to-date with all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by mollie View Post
    Tons of users on here are using their names as a part of their names. You can't ban the entire name.

Oh, okay then. Bad idea.
    you’re leaving me here, do you know how it feels to not hold you? ♫♪ | tumblr

thanks for informing.
    I think the fans should know that these accounts are fake. If they are pretending to be TH members so ban them. or lock the names.

dejavu711 Gast

They're fun :^D
    And they're not hurting anybody, so I vote for keeping them around

Quote Originally Posted by Yell[[Yeah]]Krissie! View Post
    It's not breaking any forum rules as far as I know.
    There is absolutely nothing in the rules that says that someone can't use the boys names.

Quote Originally Posted by mollie View Post
    My thoughts exactly. I thought about banning Kaulitz as a user name, but there's at least 2 dozen people using it, so it wouldn't really make sense.

It's not what you're like, it's what you like that's important.
    Live, Love, Be, Believe

Too busy admiring Toms hands and Bills hairy arms

Quote Originally Posted by THDGaja View Post
    My thoughts exactly. I thought about banning Kaulitz as a user name, but there's at least 2 dozen people using it, so it wouldn't really make sense.
    Awww the forum would be empty if you banned their names entirely!